My friend Jess and I were experimenting in the kitchen the other day and came up with this modern take on a traditional recipe.
This delicious banana bread is hearty and wholesome with just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy sweet cravings.
You can enjoy this nutritious modern take on a classic recipe, without feeling guilty or suffering unwanted digestive issues afterward.
It also happens to be vegan, gluten free and paleo so it can be enjoyed by most J
Quick, easy and tastes delicious, it is perfect on a cold winter’s day served with
with a hot beverage of your choice (in my case a chai latte).
For those who want extra sweetness drizzle with honey or homemade apple/ginger sauce.
For the dry ingredients:
2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or honey)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ cups of banana flour
½ cup hazelnut meal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground allspice
Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
For the wet ingredients:
1/3 cup coconut oil:
3 large very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons of soaked chia seeds (in almond milk)
1/3 cup almond milk
3 pitted dates (chopped)
Crushed walnuts ½ cup
1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Prepare a tin loaf with grease proof paper
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients (see list above) until combined.
- One, by one, add the dry ingredients, until the mixture is completely combined and the texture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tin loaf.
- Sprinkle the crushed walnuts on top with a dash of cinnamon. Feel free to add … can also place chopped dates on top as well.
- Bake for 40 mins
- Let the banana bread cool down for 10 mins
- Serve alone or with homemade apple sauce or a drizzle of honey.
- Enjoy with good health and company
“I respect and nurture my beautiful body and appreciate all it does for me…”