With the warmer weather approaching, and abundance of delicious fruit in season there is nothing more refreshing and energizing thana smothie bowl to start your day.
This recipe serves one large or 2 smallportions and is vegan, dairy-free, gluten free and paleo friendly.
Packed full of nutrients such as potassium,calcium manganese, vitamins A & B6, C, healthy monounsaturated fats, electrolytes,and probiotics for a healthy digestive system.
This delicioussmoothie bowl also contains an abundance of flavonoids particularly anthocyaninsand proanthocyanidinsand which have exceptional antioxidant activity.
Below is my recipe, however feel free to adjust this recipe based on personal preference and available produce!
- 1 cup Coconut water
- 4 tbspAcai powder
- 1 cup Mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 2 Frozen speckled bananas (this means its ripe)
- 4 tbspCoconut yoghurt (nudie or coyo)
- 1 scoop Vegan protein powder (I used Sunwarrior vanilla)
- 1 cup Spinach
- chia seeds
- Psyllium husk
- Fresh blackberries
- Buckinis (loving earth brand)
1. Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, coconut yoghurt, milk, frozen bananas and spinach into blender until smooth consistency is reached. Frozen yoghurt constancy is reached.
2. Spoon the mixture into bowls and add toppings